Sunday 10 May 2015

Final - Surfers - Relationship

This photo really stood out to me from my contact sheet as being the strongest in terms of showing relationship which was the aim from this shoot.

As described before the lighting wasn't the best due to it being failing natural light on a dull and overcast day. Also, the path they are running along had fairly large trees either side blocking out even more of the already low light. I was shooting with a large zoom lens due to the nature of the sport and therefore it was difficult to compensate for the low light with a high aperture which is what I would usually do. Therefore the photo is quite flat but an image does not have to be technically brilliant to be informative and show a deeper meaning such as relationship well.

The pat on the back in this image shows the close friendship the 2 surfers have developed through their passion for the same sport which is why I have chosen it for my final 8x10 print.

No comments:

Post a Comment