Monday 2 February 2015

Relationships - Fire - Final 3

These 3 images were originally my 3 final 8x10 prints. After looking back at them carefully I decided that the level of noise from the low light and therefore high ISO really ruined the images for me and took away the attention from the 'relationship' in the images. Therefore, I went out again on the 02/02/2015 to shoot with the same group of friends at a different location, Sandbanks beach, Poole to try and get similar images but of better quality.


I really liked the idea behind this first image because is shows the close relationship between the two teenagers without showing any detail due to it being a silhouette. The closeness of them both shows the relationship and is aesthetically back lit by the fire.






These two images are very similar but shot from slightly different angles. The first (on the right) shows a happy a fun side of the friendship/relationship of the two people as they seem to share a joke. Both of these images also show a very nice contrast between the huge burst of light from the fire in comparison to the complete black out of the back drop. I did not use a flash in any of these images because I felt that the light from the fire gave a far better, natural and warmer feeling to the photograph and suited the brief of relationships better. I thought a relationships photograph where the subjects do not seem to know I'm present e.g. no flash or posing makes for a far more powerful and informative image.



No comments:

Post a Comment