Sunday 22 February 2015

Relationship - Couple - Final 3

I chose this image for my final 3 because it shows the two important aspects of this shoot clearly, the marriage of 2 people and the closeness of their relationship. The closeness is shown by the hands touching and that they are both wearing their wedding rings and the marriage being shown in background by the folder of pictures from their wedding.

Since the wedding and engagement rings are so small and could be overlooked, I decided to shoot this image as a close up in order to make them the main point of focus. I also used a very high aperture of f/2.8 in order to reduce the point of focus even more.

I chose the background to be a portrait of Richard and Penelope shown in the folder of their wedding photographs. I felt this gave us more information about their relationship. I dropped it out of focus for the reason above, ensuring the attention was drawn to the rings. Having said this, I did want the portrait to be in my photograph so framed it accordingly.

I found it difficult to decided between the image at the top and the one to the right. Although they are very similar, I decided to go for the to one. This is because I think the lighting and framing is better and it shows the photo in the background far better giving more information. Also, I think there too much of Penelope's wrist in the foreground of the one to the right which is distracting as does not give any more relevant information.







This image shows Richard and Penelope enjoying looking through their photo album of their wedding in their home in the New Forest. One of my favorite parts of this image is the fact that their happiness and relationship seems natural and not forced due to the presence of the camera. Although this image is not technically brilliant, the reason above is why I have chosen it for my final 3.


This shot also clearly displays all of the necessary information, the couple, their environment, what kind of relationship they are in and something that gives us a rough idea on how long the relationship has lasted so far.




I was going to try and include a more diverse final 3 images for this shoot. Having said this, I planned before the shoot the images I really wanted to shoot. I was fairly sure that the top one was going to be my final but knew I should try some other angles and include other information in order to gather a series of images to choose from. The last image would be good for an establishing image because it shows the couple and relationship very clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment