Monday 1 December 2014

Final Image - Truro City of Lights - Establishing Image

I chose this shot for my final image for the 8x10 print. I managed to get close to the subject to fill the frame so I didn't have to crop. I had to crop quite a bit in other photos and due to the low light and therefore high ISO this made these few photos lower quality and a little more grainy. The main part of the image I like is the animation of the woman. I feel that this perfectly portrays the atmosphere of the event and as a press photographer I feel that showing accurate detail and information in a picture is the most important aspect.

Also, the colours in the lights that the woman is wearing makes the image more aesthetic and helps light up and therefore emphasise he womans face which is the most important part of the image. The lights that are out of focus at the top of the frame give the same aestheic feeling as the lights on the woman. They represent the turning on of the lights in the city which is the main purpose of the event, making this a significant part of the image. Also, without them there would be a large blank, dark space at the top of the photograph which would make the image less strong as a whole. I feel that every part of an image should add to the finished product and there should be as little 'wasted' in the frame as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment