Friday 5 December 2014

Docks - Industrial Coast - Final Image

I have chosen this as my final image because I feel that it draws the audience in the most. It took me quite a while to find a shot that was close enough to being perfectly symmetrical. None of the shots I took were perfect in this respect but close enough that I could use the cropping tool in Lightroom to straighten this shot out.

I got the exact effect I wanted to in this shot with the lighting. The boat is aesthetically lit and using a high ISO and slow shutter speed I managed to capture all of the light that was present. This has helped me make the ship 'pop out' from the background/dark areas.

The task was to show industrial coast in relation to an establishing image. The story behind this image is the vast number of large ships that are constantly coming in and out of the falmouth docks making it a very active industrial area.


No comments:

Post a Comment