Thursday 9 October 2014

Final 3 - Clay's - Person At Work

These are the final 3 images for my Clay's shoot. They are all close ups because I felt that this shows the skill and precision of the barber that I shot working. It also helps to show detail.
 


One of my favorite aspects of this first photograph is the hair on the barbers hand. It has great contrast against the white of his skin and shows how hands on his job is.

One of the things in this image I didn't like is the left hand of the barber. It is over exposed and in my opinion takes up too much of the frame. Another part of the picture I didn't like was the fact that I find the background quite distracting. The gown that the subject is wearing has quite a complicated texture which could direct the viewers eyes away from the subject.  Other than this I feel that this photograph shows a 'person at work' well and is interesting to look at.





The main part of this photo that I like is the composition. The subject of the photo is being framed by the arms and head of the barber. These parts of the image are dropped out of the point of focus which leads the viewers eye directly to the subject directly in the centre of the frame. This really shows the viewer a person at work and gives a unique angle of it.

The only part of this image I don't like is very similar to the last. The left arm of the barber is again over exposed

This is the final of the 3 images. I chose this one for several reasons. One of the reasons is very subtle which is the aesthetic lighting on the small section of comb and from the out of focus lights in the background. Although this may not make the photo technically better, I feel it improves the aesthetics which makes it more interesting to look at.
Also, this is probably the clearest image in terms of showing what the worker is doing. The detail is very precise and you can see each individual hair coming through the comb that the barber is about to cut off. This shows precision and detail in the barbes work.


No comments:

Post a Comment