Tuesday 18 November 2014

Final Image - Surfboard Shaper - Person At Work


I have chosen this image as my final for this shoot because I love the aesthetic look of the symertry of the board that I carefully framed and the shallow depth of field to compliment this. Others that looked at my final 3 shots also agreed that this was the best one for the same reasons. It was also pointed out that the frozen action and contrast between the blacks on the shaper and the whites of the board made the image even more interesting and clearly showed a 'person at work'.
















After discussing this final image with others from my course, I have decided to change my final image to this.

There is more going in within this image which make it more interesting along with the feeling of freezing motion where the shaper is sanding the blank down.

Another aspect of this image I really like is the visible dust coming off the board in the bottom of the image. It goes almost the width of the frame but just in the bottom third which adds a very nice effect.

At first, one of the reasons for not choosing this image as my final was because the shapers head is cut off. After relooking at it, I have decided that this is not an important part of the image and that the action of the shapers hands is the main subject.



No comments:

Post a Comment